About global Tax
Ambitious organisations need to consider their tax affairs carefully to gain trust and stay ahead of their competitors.
At Grant Thornton, tax is a key part of our organisation and our award-winning teams can offer you a range of solutions, whatever the size of your business or the challenges you’re facing.
Using a combination of reason and instinct, we can work with you to develop a strategy that helps you both understand and manage your tax liability in a transparent and ethical way.
How we work
Whether you’re a medium-sized dynamic business or a multinational company, we offer one-to-one access to senior tax people across the globe. Our teams listen closely to your needs and respond quickly with insightful solutions.
Our experts provide support to clients in any tax issues. They are experienced in the field and they are well acquainted with the particularities of the Hungarian market in all areas of tax and company law. Markets where our clients operate are constantly on move, therefore the requirements for tax advisory of a good quality have changed accordingly. Our primary objective is to monitor changes in national and international tax and accounting legislation with the aim to use this knowledge for the benefit of our clients. Experienced teams of advisors deal with complex issues in an affective and coordinated manner in order to save time and costs and to prevent tax risks.
General tax advisory includes
- Tax compliance, preparation of tax declarations
- Assessment of tax risks and problematic issues
- Examination of decisions and other notifications of tax and state authorities
- Support in tax authority inspections and in appeal procedures
- Representation before tax authorities
Offer in the field of strategic tax planning
- Optimization of the company’s structure and corporate processes
- Deciding on legal form/type of organisation
- Restructuring (merger, amalgamation, split-up of company and change of its legal form )
- Purchase and sale of companies and shares
- Post-transaction advisory
Addressing tax issues on international level
Hungarian companies expanding on international market or international clients coming to the Hungary: our experts not only have long-year experiences in international tax issues but thanks to cooperation in Grant Thornton International they are also connected globally.
Services provided on global level:
- International tax planning
- Split of companies’ operations on international level for tax optimisation
- Advisory on international corporate transactions
- Structuring and provision of support/assistance in preparation of transfer pricing documentation
- International tax advisory for individuals and companies
- VAT optimisation, tax refunds from other EU countries